4.27.2008

a poem

smiles that left behind

did u ever believe?!
in that house on that hill
I was suppose to conquer

did u ever trust the dreams
forming every minutes
of the life I built upon

don’t ask me when
don’t ask me why
don’t ask me how
my pillow got wet

I still hear
those knocks on my door
those words in my ears
torturing my soul

I still feel
the silence of those nights
in my lonely cave
when there were only me and me

I still see
the struggles of that kid
in his world of pain
in the act of survival
begging angels and lord

a history of tears
are marching behind
in the shape of toy soldiers
saluting their master
saluting me

and what about all those smiles
left behind?
in the bitter pages of my life
sacrificing their existence
to define glory

Sina Mesdaghi
April 15 2008

No comments: